Blog Archive

Sunday, September 29, 2013

RAS Sandals review

Beautiful sunny days, lazy afternoons, flowing maxi dresses, bohemian handbags, tall iced drinks, great conversations. I could live in that world forever. 

Don't pinch me just yet! 

Beige Maxi Dress Via Ross; Beige cardigan Via Macy's; Necklace made from real Koa wood: Thrifted; Sunnies: Michael Kors Via Ross; Sandals: RAS Via YOOX; Brown Ikat Handbag Via Fantastichandbags.com. 

 

The lowdown


The sandals have a heel height of 5 inches, with a platform of 2". But they are so immensely comfortable, I was actually able to walk uphill quite a distance in these. They are extremely well made and true to size. These are one of the few high heeled sandals, that I could wear the very first time with absolutely no pinching or mangling of the toes. I know... I know... I'm gushing, but they are really that good! They are sold out on YOOX, but if you can snag a pair elsewhere go for it!

I also wanted to talk about the brand RAS itself. Most of RAS footwear is made in Spain. I was wary initially, especially since 

a) I was buying it online without first trying it  on 

b) European sizes are notoriously unpredictable. I have run the gamut from sizes 6 through 8 when buying, depending on the brand. 

But RAS is very close to American sizes. They don't carry half sizes, but you should be good ordering up a half size. To date I have bought 3 pairs of RAS footwear and they have all fit great, right off the bat and were extremely high quality.